Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Vision

by Vivienne Corby


One day, just at sunset, we came to a hill,

The three of us, me, little Judith, and Bill,

And we saw such a wonderful sight, we three,

That it seemed like a marvellous dream to me.

For there on the grass, in the shade of the trees,

Were hundreds of fairies who danced in the breeze;

And how their wings shone in the fast sinking sun!

We wanted to kiss them, yes, every one.

And then Billy sneezed, and they all flew away.

But still we are hoping to this very day

That we’ll see them again, on top of the hill,

The three of us, me, little Judith, and Bill.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a young child my nan taught me this poem and I in turn have taught it to my children. My beloved nan died last year and this is a lovely reminder of happy days with her. I had not known the name or who had written it until now.